Monday, July 25, 2011

Return of the Blog Blog

I'm in the mood to write simply because you're near me. The keyboard, that is. Wish this chair was more comfortable though. It's one of those wooden fold-outs circa whatever year fold-out chairs were invented. It came with the house and is the only thing that fits into the space allotted for our computer which is itself confined to the area by virtue - actually it is not a virtue - of the cable connector's location. I'm sitting on a pillow which helps some, but my back is pretty rigidly held upright and I can feel each of the two horizontal slats press against my spine if I lean back. Hey, life is tough and then you go on living. Now that you are all sympathetic to my plight,"Poor Zendoc" I hear you saying, I'll get on with the writing knowing you'll make allowances for my failure to be remotely good at it, should that be the case.

I do love to ramble.

Here's a line I have stolen from "The Big Bang Theory" which I tuned into thinking it was going to be about a potential orgy. Okay, that's a stretch, but you see Bang is a euphemism for...nevermind, here's the line: Women. Can't live with them, can't successfully refute their hypotheses.

That's funny.

And here's the first line of a poem I'm going to write if I ever think of a second line: Your body is the instrument I play, but it is not the song.

My thoughts on E Books: Love 'em. I don't mind that they will someday replace real books, but I will miss the old version in the same way I miss lying in the dark listening to old time radio dramas. It's more about nostalgia than reality. I mean, it's the writing, not the container that is important.

And speaking of writing, here's a thought I had on that subject. Pay attention now because I only have two thoughts a day and the first is usually along the lines of "you better get up now" so the second must be significant. Readers find that reading is easy so they think that for writers writing is easy. It's not.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I hope your office set up is better in the new place!