Wednesday, July 30, 2014

I'VE BEEN AWAY

I've been away. my mind engaged elsewhere, the pen absent my hand, the keyboard unviolated. I haven't been stuck or blocked or any of those circumstances that occur to people who actually write with their brain functioning. I've been testing - not quite consciously - how people pass the day who don't spend a chunk of it sitting around letting their mind conjure stuff it wouldn't otherwise. Apparently, if my experience is any barometer, they watch more television.  This is an action, if it can be called such, that leads to couch potato status or, in my case, arm chair potato status.  I don't wish to knock this, in many people's minds, elevated status, but I am, if nothing else, a man of action.  Of course "if nothing else" leaves room for doubt which in this case may be a room the size of a football stadium, so I will clarify by defining action as any endeavor that takes place while the television is off.  Among these I include napping.  I am an Olympic Class napper.  When, however, the nap is concluded, I find there is still time to engage in activities that don't require turning the telly on.  I can't think of any at the moment, but I am sure they exist.  Wait! There is one that comes to mind and by mind I mean a consciousness of some sort.  It's that odd thing I used to do on a near daily basis in which I put words down in an almost orderly fashion and called them a blog.  Is it possible I could do that again?  I believe I will give it a go, see what happens.














No comments: