Friday, November 10, 2006

Monkeyminding in NY

By the way, the blog that should precede this one is called "Is there an easier way?" It's dated 10/24 for reasons too mundane to explain, but was actually written just a couple of days ago.

Woowoo Charly and Yorestrewly, call me Yores for short, are ensconced in Kira's 4th floor Brooklyn apartment overlooking the third, second and first floors of other Brooklyn apartments.
The view, charming as it is, is not the principal incentive to live here, it's the low rental of a square foot of large bills per square foot that makes the building so attractive to New York's middle class. Hey, come on, I'm almost not kidding. The smallest monetary denomination of any practical use here in the Big Apple is a twenty. Singles are the new pennies. Yesterday Charly and I had lunch at a place called Snookys. We had the Special. After that I got carried away and ordered a second beer. Lucky for me the bartender needed a watch.

Today we are going to take a long walk in Prospect Park. I don't know what that is going to cost because I'm told the price varies depending on the guy wearing the ski mask who does the collecting. After that we are going to see the baby. Our daughter is going to give us a nice discount on the viewing because we are the kid's grandparents. Just don't tell the other people in line.

The weather has been nice though. Indian Summer. Of course I don't know what that means, Indian Summer. What do the Indians have to do with it and which Indians are we talking about? The ones over there or the ones that used to be here? Did Little Brain chief of the Wahhunkas and a distant relative take advantage of a warm November day to catch some rays at the beach and declare it Summer? Some body look this up in your Funk and Internet and get back to me. I need to know and I'm on the need to know basis so it's okay to tell me. Don't tell anyone else though, it's against the Patriot Act and we all know how Patriots act. They applaud when the Dems take the Senate, the House and several hotels.

Okay it's clear the monkeymind is loosey goosey which is mixing both metaphors and animals so I'll close for now because I didn't really have anything to say anyway which is a thing that goes without saying in most cases. Just not mine.

A guy pointed at me as I walked by him and he said, You walk like a New Yorker, you've been living in Brooklyn way too long." I have no idea what that means and he didn't explain. It's a mystery. Like Indian Summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey pops. I see you've got your first spam. Nice.

The guy who said you walk like a NYer was probably talking about how you've got a purpose in your stride. Even when you're taking it easy. Cool.