Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Return of the Blog

Sloggy and foggy, but not bloggy describe my state of mind as I return to the keyboard to see what happens.

What to write about? Sickness and health? Had some of each. Life altering events? Well sure , everybody has those. Impending moves? I've got one scheduled. New kids on the block? Yup, one young, one older. War and peace? Too much of one, not enough of the other. Politics? I don't think so. Sports? Too depressing at the moment, at least in Denver. No, I think I'll write about...

Nothing in particular.

It is, afterall, my specialty as something in particular rarely finds space in the monkeymind. Luckily, nothing in particular happened all over the place in 2006 and I was able to write about it at regular intervals. (Irregular intervals are available at discount blogs.) I'm curious to see what nothing will turn up in 2007. So far I see nothing on the horizon, but that's too far away to capture clearly. I could go on about the wedge I hit to eighteen inches on the fourth hole at Valle Escondido yesterday, but I'm guessing by the glaze that has just appeared on your eyes that you might rather eat stale fruitcake. And speaking of fruitcake, and here I mean the actual foodstuff and not a eupehemism for Republican politicians, I could also tell you about the Sonaffa Beach diet that I've been on for a month to little avail, a measly eight pounds shed, but again I suspect you'd rather pluck nose hair with a pliers than read about fat falling off. So what, really am I left with? Nothing. Nada damn thing.

Except this. I've read that men keep their new year's resolutions more often than women. Well of course we do. In the same article I read that women's most frequent resolution is to lose weight. I can tell you, that's not easy. Men's most frequent resolution is to be a better person. Sheesh. How hard can that be? Last year we were jerks. Ask any woman.

My own resolution is to be more resolute. About something. Anything. There's just too little nothing to write about.

Happy New year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're baaaack!

Yay!

Not to worry, Pops, your resolution to write is all you need. One of my mentors tells me that we write not to record but to discover. Keep writing and you'll figure out what you're writing about and why.

Atleast that's what I tell myself when I'm slogging away at the 'ole Mr. D. A page a day.

For you, a blog a day. Cool.

(In the meantime, you've still got some funnies in there! Nosehairs! Ha!)

ps. Jax is the new young kid on the block. Who's the other?

Zendoc said...

I'm sworn to secrecy but his initials are CB. (Among others)

Zendoc said...

Wish I had a mentor.