Friday, January 12, 2007

Not in the Mood.

I don't feel like blogging. Nevertheless I've put on my blogging shorts and shoes and here I am out for a blog. That's discipline I suppose. Of course, when you dis something, it means you are saying bad things about it. I have no reason to dis cipline because it's never really done anything negative to me, so I'll just pass it by and keep on blogging.

Yesterday I didn't feel like doing anything either. Woowoo Charly was out painting rainbows and flowers and, uh, bats on children's faces for Casa Hogar which is an orphanage of some sort here in Boquete. I say some sort because not all the children are orphans. Many are kids who are there to keep them from harm's way or, in other words, their parents. One was a pregnant 10 or 11 year old. While Charly was donating her time and artistic talent to make children smile, I was lying like a lump on the sofa reading a book about Wilt Chamberlain and watching a replay of a basketball game originally played the night before. You may think this a waste of time, but I now know more about Wilt than you do, so go ahead, ask me anything. And lest you also think I am just a slugabed or a layabout, I should point out that I filled our new salt and pepper shakers and rearranged a book shelf during chapter breaks and timeouts. So you see "they also serve who stand and wait." Of course, all that serving and waiting wore me out and precipitated a long nap.

And here I am again today, a rainy, windy variety of a day, feeling anew a trifle listless. Okay, it's not really a trifle, it's a lot and I'm not really list less, I have several of them, but there is a vague sense of impatience about doing something. Something I can't quite ascertain, define or put my finger on. I could go for a long walk with the dog or head for the golf course, but there is that rain and wind thing I mentioned earlier. I could even pick up the list that says "to do" on it and pick a chore, but I don't think that's the solution for my ennui either. No, I think I'll just do what Woowoo Charly is always telling me to do and that's to go with my instincts. Right now my instincts say... head back to the couch for another book about some long forgotten sports figure or political hack that's begging to be read so, I'll just wrap this up and...

Wait! The feeling has lifted! All I really needed to do was blog!

And there you have it.

2 comments:

Zendoc said...

I am hard at work on Jackson's tale. It's running quite long.

Anonymous said...

I want more on Casa Hogar and its kiddos!

How's that last big 'ole box o' books coming? Ready for another one?