Thursday, July 19, 2007

At Blog's End?

Our computer died suddenly, unexpectedly, mysteriously and without leaving a note. Foul play is suspected, but there is really no evidence to support that conclusion. Nevertheless, whether fair or foul, all is lost. Pretty much everything I have ever written, apart from these 200 some odd blogs, is now clutched in the rigor mortis grasp of a dead hard drive, unable to be set free. Five Hundred pages at a minimum I estimate, including short stories and tentative novel beginnings. Poems and prose, wit and wisdom, all lost, gone forever to the dark and cold of distant cyber cemeteries. Gone, I tell you, gone.

Well alrighty then! I better get started writing new stuff! I've read all that old junk plenty of times anyway. I know how all the stories come out and besides, somewhere there are paper copies of everything - you've probably got one or two - so if I need a copy for one reason or twelve, I'll call you. Meanwhile, I'll borrow RTGFKAR's Sony Vaio from time to time and start anew the process of dumping the contents of a monkeymind onto a literary format. Or aftmat. This will, however, necessitate more time at the fiction front and less in the blogosphere where every word is Gospel yuk yuk. Look for me, oh...about once a week.

Ciao for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's terrible!

What have you done to your poor PC to make it rise up against you in this way? Honestly, it's been an annoying little thing, always giving you a hard time....

I bet all of us kids can recreate the Walton ouevre with stuff we have in our files, so not to worry.

Keep on writing!

Anonymous said...

Wait, I've got it!

Your computer thinks it's RETIRED!