Wednesday, August 13, 2014

ROBIN WILLIAMS

I'm not feeling at all clever this morning.  I slept well.  I had my morning coffee.  I'm awake.  I feel good.  Everything, as far as I can tell, is as it should be but...I'm not feeling clever.  Does this ever happen to you or is cleverness not one of your particular priorities?

For me it is a question of mental agility.  You know, the ability to see the odd, the skewed, the usually unnoticed, and especially the funny.  Where would life be without the funny?  (Nowhere I want to go, that's for sure.)  And maybe that's it, my lack of cleverness this morning. The funniest man on the planet, Robin Williams, is gone and I and the planet are feeling his absence.  What a loss.  He was 63.  We should have had at least another decade of laughter from him. 
 
So I'll pass this day clever-less and maybe a couple more as well.  I'll just enjoy the many clips of Robin's brilliance that are certain to be aired and put aside my small bits of funny to appreciate those of a true master.  I will miss you Robin and so will a world that needs laughter more than ever.

Rest in peace. 


 

 

No comments: