Thursday, April 24, 2008

Getting Back To It

Alrighty then. Sit up straight, get you hands positioned over the keyboard and look alert. Shake off your lethargy, fight through your coma and prepare for the zone. Come on zone.

When I haven't written for a few days, it takes a period of staring blankly and unblinking at the flashing cursor waiting for something to happen. Inspiration really isn't a lightening flash that sets one to action, it's more like something that quietly emerges from effort and dedication. Well, for me anyway. People with big talent may find their spark easier to access.

I've had THINGS TO DO lately that have interrupted my morning mental monkeymind manipulation (masturbation?)that I call a blog and my other writings that I call MY OTHER WRITINGS, because I'm clever like that. THINGS like getting the car re- insured, inspected and re-registered. THINGS that HAVE to be done. I hate those. They always take longer than what I would consider necessary and they frequently go from being chores to all out quests. Take, por ejemplo, our oven. The little light bulb that shines from the back so that you can peer through the window glass and see how your roast is progressing burned out a couple of weeks ago. Since then, we have been in search of a replacement. The bulb is about as big as my thumbnail and as it has a thick glass safety cover that screws in over it, no other size will do. Store after store sent us away saying "no lo tengo", I don't have it. Yesterday I returned to a store that I knew carried our oven brand and they suggested a store I had not yet tried. That store suggested another and now you see how it goes. Eventually I arrived at a tienda that also said no lo tengo but promised to order it for me. "Alrighty then" I said, "ordename tres" which I think means order me three. No sense in driving back to David for just one 49 cent bulb. Might as well go all out and spend the big bucks.

We did save time at the car inspection place though. I drove into the entrance of a huge car repair shop where I knew from previous years that they perform inspections. I told the woman at the service window that I wanted my car inspected. She asked me if I had a car insurance policy and I said yes, having obtained it an hour earlier. She then looked out the window at my car, typed up the necessary form, took my ten dollars and twenty five cents and proclaimed the car tested. A guy came over, shot a couple of car photos and zap, we were out of there. Now that's my kind of bureaucracy.

And today I HAVE to weed whack. The jungle is taking back the part of our property where we have removed the coffee plants and it has to be cleared to be useful. First though, I am going to write something.

There, that's done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hee hee heee, Dad said masturbation and that he HAS to whack, in the same blog.