Monday, April 14, 2008

More Just Stuff

Don Ray, enjoy your break, but come on back when it's over. You know you can't stay away.

Old Girl has never returned. I fear she is gone.

When was the last time someone shot 75 on the final day of The Masters and still won?

The day dawned grayly but has now begun to lighten. (But then, they usually do, don't they?)

What are you reading? I've got Laura Esquivel's "La Ley Del Amor" (The Law of Love)underway in Spanish and it's a heavy (as in serious) and slow reading tome. Slow because I have to look up many words and slow because the concepts are difficult. In English I've got a fast read going in Sara Gruen's "Water for Elephants." The book is proving fun so far.

The Monkeymind is curiously still this morning. I better have more coffee.

Not all ideas are good ones. I just deleted a lame paragraph. (I wonder how many blogs I'd have left if I did that to all of them.)

We can shoot little movies on our new camera. (That's right Spielberg, be afraid be very afraid.) I'm looking forward to filming our golf swings tomorrow.

Woowoo Charly bought Gus a Garfield doll a few weeks ago knowing that he likes to tear open stuffed toys and pull out the insides. I thought the gift was a little twisted actually, but, you know, what the heck. Gus had other ideas though. He's made Garfield his pal and just likes to carry him around in his mouth. Last night he took Garfield to bed with him. Talk about twisted. I tried to explain that Garfield was a cat, an evil waste of fur and the mortal enemy of dogs, but it did no good. Gus wouldn't listen.

I read this morning that a remake of "Prom Night", a slasher style horror film was number one at the box office last week. Well alrighty then, my favorite movie genre still rocks.

Where is Spawn of WrayJay? Haven't heard from her in awhile.

How goes it in Canada, Alberto? Still cold?

The wind chime outside my office is tinkling a merry tune this morning. The fact that I'm noticing it means my attention is not where it should be. Guess I better go.

Sox took two out of three from the Yankees. All is right with the world.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha. You made me laugh

Unknown said...

Finishing up "The Yiddish Policeman's Union" by Michael Chabon for my book group.

Anonymous said...

Spawn here, checking in! I've been fighting the flu. You know- the kind where even your hair folicles hurt? Piping hot shower is the only thing that feels good, but the water-spray hurts, too. Not being a tub-bath person (reminds me of stew... eeew!) a shower's the only option to get warm right thru in a hurry. Bit better today though. Working on some dragon-pavers for RTGFKAR... hope you like!