Thursday, August 07, 2008

Birth of a Bar

I am building a bar in the designated for a bar area of our house. What, you don't have one? RTGFKAR designed it and is supervising the construction. It will be made of concrete blocks, glass blocks, some wood and have a tile top. The construction process will be a slow journey because after a day of mixing cement, lugging block and bent over or stooped troweling, my back asks anew if I think I'm a kid and answers its own question with a make me walk funny response that feels a lot like pain. RTGFKAR now understands this phenomena completely as sometime last week he did some kind of lumbar limbo and has been relegated to the disabled list ever since. Woowoo Charly is sympathetic, "tsk tsk so sorry" and all that, but declines the invitation to substitute for us, pointing out that the fat book she is reading is heavy enough. Couple that with the fact that if you sat her on one end of a seesaw and then dropped a concrete block on the other, she might actually achieve orbit and you can see why dodging this "manly" work is a good idea.

Other notable news from Casa Coffee Stumps is this bit of irony: I have spent the last couple of weeks talking about how tired, bored and sick I was of the Bret Farve saga. At last he is traded to New York and thus gone from my sports consciousness. Haha, heehee, hoho. Wrongo Pigskin Breath! Yers Truly and Woowoo Chuck are on the way by dint of D and D's graciousness to New York in September where for a couple of weeks I will undoubtedly open the sport sections of the local news rags and have to read all about B.F. and his progress with the Jets. Imagine what will happen if he hurts his back lifting cement blocks or, more likely, blockers. There will be 24/7 coverage for weeks! I'll be needing a bar for that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1. I love that you're posting pics on the blog.

2. Bars are good.

3. Don't hurt your back.

4. You cracked me up with the see-saw joke about Mamacita.

5. I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE YOU AND GIVE YOU A GINORMOUS HUG !!!!!!!!!