Thursday, January 22, 2009

Back in my Swiveling Saddle

After a visit from D.C. Dave, Diapering Diva Dara and Jumping to his own Jive Jackson, I took ill - okay I didn't really take it, it gave itself to me voluntarily - and my hand was stayed from my usual keyboard kaleidoscoping. "Not to worry" the Red Queen said, "one more cough and it's off with his head." (I am reminded that it is not the cough that carries you off, it's the coffin.)

I'm back now though, strong enough to press down random keys that make no sense to all but a demented few, you my trusty readers. You are trusty aren't you? (The demented is a given or why else would you be reading this?)

This morning I learned a lesson from my puppies as with careful attention I so often do. (Now there's a sentence.) No matter how rapidly you rush through life, and the pups are especially good at that, you should take time to stop, as they do, and eat the flowers. The yellow ones in particular.

I have to write a "Noir" story. I'm considering this for an opening:

She sauntered into the office like there was something on her mind, but I could see she was far too pretty and far too blond for that to be the case. She paused a moment to blow a curl from her left eye with a little puff out the corner of her mouth. She looked us over for a second or two, then fixed her baby blues on me as she said, "Is there a Dangerous Dick here?"

"It's Dick Danger" I said. "What can I do you for, Dollface?"

Ah, it feels good to have the Monkeymind leaping about again.

I love this line from "Milking the Moon", an as told to biography of Eugene Walter. Never heard of him you say? Well neither did I, but he's an interesting guy who had an interesting life. Anyway the line: "New york is a battleground. Paris is a ruined garden." Think about that for awhile. Okay are you done? Now tell me what it means.

We have half of an intense rainbow, the right half, arcing outside my office window. The other half was eaten by aliens or maybe Pacmen. It just disappears right at the highest point of the curve. Weird I tell ya, weird.

Okay I'm done. Except for that moon hiding behind the tree. Can you see it? I got that shot from two months ago. I've been waiting for just the right moment to post it and this is clearly that moment. I did, afterall, use the word moon a couple of paragraphs ago.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! You're back! Monkeymind is back! I've just been 'caw'ed at by my son, who is a scarlet macaw this morning. He then ran in the other room, sneezed, and ran back to wipe the biggest greenest booger on my bare arm, before asking for a tissue. Good morning!

Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better!

You guys have a lot of rainbows.

Here's a line about NYC I like: "everyone walks the streets with imperial intention."