Tuesday, January 06, 2009

More Dog Stuff

Yabba dabba do, alrighty then. Another less than cheerful looking morning here in Paradise With Rain. We've got a sky full of gray glop, rain dripping from eaves to my fore and mud a-mounting all around. Aside from that I have nothing to say which is about as unusual as dishes in the sink.

We made a sudden burst to Lovely and Talented David yesterday and brought the pups along for the ride. We thought they'd sleep after having had a raucus romp earlier in the day with me and their pal Kooka. Kooka is a seven or eight month old Husky pupling that has replaced Old Girl as the latest neighborhood canine to adopt us whether we like it or not. Old Girl has been absent the premises - I know because I check my premises, (That's a kind of inside joke I made for myself) for over two weeks and we suspect she may now be napping curled on a warm spot, making small snores and funny dog snorfs as she dreams about steak in the Great Doggieland Beyond. We were wrong about the pups sleeping though. They stayed awake so they could barf loudly and repeatedly throughout the drive. Ah the joys of dog raising. What could be more fun?

We made it to PriceSmart after a couple of stops to clean up the mess and I volunteered to walk the dogs while RTGFKAR and Woowoo Charly took the first shift in the store. A security guard shooed me and the pups away from the building's front, but not before Matti had dropped a line of doggie dumps along the sidewalk fronting the rows of shopping carts. At the security guards request, I further volunteered to pick up the piles and slam dunk them into a handy trash barrel. This was done with the aid of a rapidly shrinking roll of paper towels we had brought along as a "just in case" measure. We are far seeing people.

We had other stops to make, EH (Everything For the Home)and Do-It-Center. At EH we learned that they had everything for the home except the bar stools we had ordered weeks ago. In truth, they did have them, but they had sold the lot to someone else. We ordered more. At Do-It, Woowoo Charly bought a couple pillows which is like buying tools at Bed, Bath and Beyond. I don't know her reasoning but it was probably something along the lines of "you can fix darn near everything with a couple of good pillows."

The ride home was uneventful unless you consider puppy puking an event. Future trips will be "sin cachorros" (without the mutts) until they have the stomachs for it.

Alrighty then, indeed.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

First of all, Kooka is my sister, and she's no dog. Second, a toast to Old Girl. Third, I hope you've cleaned out that car! I don't want to find any "presents" in the back seat when you pick us up tomorrow!

Unknown said...

If another 6+ month old female Husky or Husky/Lab or Lab/? mix pupling comes to your attention, will you let me know?? I'm desiring one - and about that age -. She could puke to her hearts content as long as she watches out out for bad guys in the meantime! Sorta like the old song with a twist: "Someone to bark over me".

Anonymous said...

Check out this site, Pops.

http://dailyroutines.typepad.com/daily_routines/