Saturday, April 04, 2009

I Live Dreaming

This month's writer's group assignment was to write something that started with "I live.." I didn't feel like grinding out a story that began that way so I opted for my feeble brand of poetry. To wit"

I Live Dreaming
By Doc Walton


I live in a Dream and fear not the waking

Reality’s a place that’s just more of my making.



In Dream there’s a life filled up of my choosing,

Tranquility reigns midst the hours of musing.

My reality differs so little from snoozing

I frequently wonder which state I am using.


You see I’m a man that is usually pleased

And the joy of the natural I’m most quick to seize.

I’m not of the type that are too often teased

The ones who would purchase their comfort and ease.


I like sunsets and puppies and writing a bit.

I like cheering my teams and using my wit.

I like loving and laughter they’re such a good fit.

To the above and much more I am quick to submit.



Should you see me about all shiny and beaming

Just buy me a drink … so I’ll know I’m not dreaming.



Hah!

2 comments:

#1son said...

I live in a dream where I am the man from Nantucket....

#2son said...

Keep dreaming