Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Poetry Begone

I'm writing this blog so that any one new who stumbles upon Monkeymind won't be greeted by my terrible poem. Regulars will forgive me as they've read my rhyming before and know that the poetry muse seldom lingers long in my neighborhood.

I don't really have much to say. I just read a fredoneverything.net column that depressed me -it was about urban blacks - and my usual cheery morning mood has se fue (gone). Of course I have noticed while rereading my first paragraph that the words lingers long are fun to say together and that helps a bit. I also have Sportscenter to look forward to. It's a place I go to to contemplate whether the names Hannah Storm and Sage Steele are real or adopted. Both ladies are in the "fox" category - at least I think so - and could probably get by with monikers like Madeline Melwinski or Clara Shultz but Storm and Steele are nice icing on the cake. For those unfamiliar with the Sportscenter, these ladies are very competent sports announcers.

Later today Woowoo Charly and I will be taking the three puppyteers to the vet for more inoculations to prevent distemper, parvo, rabies, acne, flat feet and other conditions dogs are heir to. Finnegan, the Golden, I need add for those of you who know of the pup, is growing at a rate that, should it continue, will have us building an airport hangar to house him in a few more months. We will soon have kibble delivered by semis.

Friend "Joe Bob" will be arriving tomorrow for a short visit. Other than that I have nothing else to report but a sudden urgency to vacate my keyboard. There is a rhyme upon me with which I have a date. There is no help for me, you see, it's near, it's here.

Too late.

No comments: