Monday, July 20, 2009

Catching Up

What's it been Dear Diary, a week or more since I've made a note of this and that? Something must have occurred that was markable; maybe even re-markable. Can't think what though. Let me scroll back a bit.

Friend L was attacked and mugged by his own liver. He's doing fine now, contemplating a return to the golf course. It's my experience that even the orneriest of livers will behave if you're carrying a three iron. (In lieu of a beer can.)

An Indian neighbor waved me to a stop as I drove by his house. He told me my perro negro had killed six of his chickens. I paid him for the chickens and chained up my dogs. We are getting an estimate today for constructing a fence.

Another neighbor has created a Neighborhood Watch which consists of a lot of signs saying, essentially, burglars beware. Our Palo Alto neighborhood has not had a single reported burglary, but better safe than, ah...safe I guess. Our share of the sign cost was twenty bucks.

Finnegan, our Golden Retriever, had his huevos removed last Friday. While Raffi and Matti were out killing chickens, Finnegan was trying to hump them. I can't say for certain if he was successful, but there are a couple of chicks down the road that, when you throw them kernels of corn, they pick them up carefully in their beaks and bring them back to you.

Played 36 holes of golf last Tuesday and found a golf swing. It isn't mine, but it's a pretty good swing, so if it's still in my bag this week, I'm keeping it.

Read a book by Elizabeth George and plan to read more. Am currently reading a book about the Beatles and their era that I finding surprisingly compelling. Surprising in that I was never a fan.

Haven't written much of late beyond the story in the blog that precedes this one. I plan to correct that this week.

I can now do twelve push-ups and feel applause is due.

It has rained some. Sunny today though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love getting all this news!

Sad about the chickens. Hope things are patched up with your neighbor. Hope you find a good fence solution. If the perros are not jumpers, maybe you can build something that won't break up the view too much? Maybe something on the side of the house?...

Hope Finnegan is healing fast. I saw a photo Todd posted - he's HUGE! (Finny, not Todd.) Is he still a chilled out stoned surfer dude?

36 holes! Sheesh. I don't know if I could afford it (the six dozen golf balls, that is). Glad you found your swing! Where did you leave it? You're usually so good at keeping track of your stuff.

Hope L is doing well. Hope the neighborhood watch works - sounds like the perro negros are terrorizing the hood.

Glad you're liking CAN'T BUY ME LOVE - it's really more of a cultural history of the era than a straight-up Beatles book. The author spent 20 years working on it!

Twelve pushups? I'm applauding. Which startled Coal, who's taken over my lap, which means I'm typing this in a half-twist, with my mac on a pillow next to me....

Unknown said...

What SpecialK said.
And you'll be able to do wii fit in September. Push up challenges gallore.