Thursday, May 20, 2010

Singing in the Rain

"On the day that I was born the angels got together and decided to create a dream come true. So they sprinkled car rust in my hair and gave me tricky underwear, to rue. That's why you, so want to be, close to me."

Ah, ya gotta love the old songs.

I was going to mow the lawn or mew-dee-loan as the French say, but it is going to rain or lluvia, which is not, as you might think, a female body part, but rather, what the Spanish say. I say it is good to be poly-lingual. It's probably even good to BE Polly Lingual, but then you would have to ask her.

So, what was I going to go on about before the Monkeymind, having written, moved along?

Beats me. (Yeah, I know, you're saying somebody ought to.)

I'm serious about the rain, though. The sky is so low this morning... (How low is it, Zendoc?) the sky is so low this morning it is lower than James Earl Jones bottom note on a-frog-in-his throat-day. I'm talking low. I can still see the big tree in front of our house, but beyond that the world is misty gray. Misty Gray is a girl I dated in high School. She was so wide I couldn't see beyond her either. Lawn mowing is out of the question, I don't remember what the question is, but lawn mowing is definitly out of it. Before you kick me out of the cab, I want a mobile shout-out. "Hey buddy, what is the question?" "To be or not to be. That is the question." God, I hate smart alecks almost as much as I hate dumb alecks.

Now I have two more hours of this day to fill I hadn't expected...to have. What shall I do with them? I could turn on the television and watch a movie, but I did that yesterday and saw ten minutes of a Will Ferrell flick that sent me screaming from the room. I mean, what if the movie is still there? I just can't risk it.

And now here it comes. The rain I'm talking about. It's gentle so far, I can hear the birds singing through it. "You're in the mood for love, simply because you're near me." Another one of my favorites.

I should end there because, you know, I've tied in the first paragraph to the last one...until now. Now I've lost my chance at any continuity whatsoever. Story of my life. It's all out-of-context. You can't just take parts of it and show it to me one day at a time. I want to see the whole thing all at once. You know, the Big Picture. This one day at a time stuff just confuses me. If I knew how it was all going to come out, I would know better how to act now. Here I am having to deal with today and its two extra hours without knowing what's going to happen tomorrow. I mean, what if it rains again?

"Don't know why, there's no rum up in the sky, horny leather."

There. That's better.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love old timey tunes. "shoo fly pie" is one of my favs.

Zendoc said...

"and snapple Dan Rowdy." Yeah, I remember that one too.