Saturday, November 24, 2012

FACEBOOK

His eyes are open but unseeing, his jaw hangs limply, mouth agape while a fog of nothingness fills the cavity where his brain should reside.  Is this a man in a coma?  A Buddhist trance perhaps?  Or is this Macho Comacho waiting for his mother to pull the plug?  (A sick reference that last one but an apt one nevertheless.) No, I tell you, this is none of the above, but rather a still sleepy Zendoc barely astir on a Saturday morn in search of an idea.  Wait! That last is too grand. In search of a mere thought more accurately describes the quest.  A thought, a thought, my kingdom for a thought.  

Hmmm. It comes to me that "thought" is both a noun and a verb's past tense, and if THAT is a thought why of all the thought joints in all the world would this one walk into mine, Schweetheart? I don't know but I guess we will always have Paris.  If not Paris, then Bayonne.

I'm sorry, I wasn't listening.  Did I say something?  

You see, I've found Facebook both stimulating and depressing of late.  I have two new "friends" who post minimally a half dozen times a day which invites my comments, asides really, that I generally have at hand. Not to worry.  It's up there at the top of the page where it says, "What's on your mind?" that baffles and saddens me.  I wonder around looking for my mind to see what's on it and even on those days when I find it, the contents rarely seem Facebook worthy. I mean, there is football and golf there, and something Fareid said and what are my breakfast choices and why is my dog looking at me like that, but things pithy and pertinent or even personal? Nary to be found in my gray matter storage units. Hence I tell you, hence, the condition you find me in at the top of this blog. I fear, alas, I fear, that I am a FACEBOOK FAILURE. 

I have not, however, given up all hope.  I have pad and pen at the ready.  Pad and pen once used to note and outline story ideas and critical things I needed to remember are now poised solely to capture a Facebook worthy thought; a thought that will garner "likes" and maybe a comment or two, an important thought, a deep thought. Oh wherefore art thou thought?  Facebook is calling. 

  




  







 


 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel that way about Twitter -- I have a hard time being witty in 180 characters, with no real responses to be had. Someday you'll think of a great/funny/sweet status update for facebook, and hopefully you'll be able to get to your computer in time to post it.