Thursday, October 17, 2013

DITHERING

Dither is a fun word to say and so is the the act of doing it, dithering.  I like saying it better than doing it, though, because if you dither too long the only thing you get done is dithering and we just can't have that, can we?

Alrighty then.  I guess I've cleared that up.

Woowoo Charly likes to sit at a table with her computer, reading about politics while she is listening to and somewhat eye-balling politics on television, MSNBC most often, to be specific, for sometimes hours at a time.  To her it is like watching a ball game while reading the sports section of a newspaper.  (Or at least I think so, I couldn't do either one.)  By now she doesn't even have to really pay attention.  She just ABSORBS the information via photo synthesis or that other process whose name I learned in eighth grade biology class but have now forgotten. Wait! I got it! Osmosis! (Hmm. Osmosis.  Sounds like a good name to call the Wizard's magic tricks.)  But I digress, which is better than regress, but that may be happening too.  If you, and by you I mean me, then say a key word, phrase, or name around her, Republican Caucus for instance, she will give you the lowdown on that phrase, word or name in minute detail.  As we are new here in Sunny Florida, a reputed "Purple" state, and don't know anyone, I am most often the recipient - she would say beneficiary - of her acquired knowledge, although Muttly the dog gets his share as well. Both he and I, thanks to Woowoo, can now debate and name drop with the best of them vis a vis politics.   Don't believe me?  Go ahead, ask me anything.  (Just don't ask me what vis a vis means.)

Heritage Foundation. See, you thought I wouldn't know that didn't you? 

I could go on in this vein, Boehner is not pronounced boner but possibly should be, for instance, but I won't as I prefer to talk about something I, that's right, I, know about.  Something I can go on about for hours at a time.  

Pardon me while I dither. 



 

 

No comments: