Friday, October 18, 2013

MUTTLY AND ME

Not really much to write about these days apart from politics, sports, news, current events, history, technology, science, psychology, normal and paranormal experiences and since I've already covered those in great detail over cocktails in one bar or another across the years, there's really no need for me to rehash them on these pages is there?  I'm left then with only everything else I know to write about or with making shit up.  So here's that: The Boston Red Sox won last night 4 to 3 over the Detroit Tigers, giving them a 3 games to 2 lead in the ALCS.  ALCS, for those who don't know, stands for Alcoholics Love Candy Stripers.  Or is it Strippers?  While this was going on, a Chupacabra tangled with a Bigfoot in my back yard, so I called Animal Control and they said they had better things to do.

And along the lines of personal anecdotes that we all know and love if they are at least half funny there is this:  I was walking Muttly the dog (I threw in "the dog" part so you wouldn't think muttly was an adjective or an adverb) towards the pier at The Shores Counry Club when a woman carrying a small child approached so that she could show her kid the cute doggie.  She looked to be of Latino heritage and was speaking to the child in what, from a bit of distance, sounded like Spanish to me.  Thinking here was a chance to practice my own Spanish, I seized the moment and as she neared I said, "Buena tardesComo Estas?  Te gusta mi perro?"  The woman gazed at me oddly so I asked, in English, "Where are you from? She replied, "Lebanon."  "Alrighty then," I said, as the dog and I walked  muttly away.

I'm at wit's end, so I'll stop.  No point in going on without wit.





No comments: