Friday, June 13, 2008

Blogging For No Reason

I'm reading a book entitled "Special Topics In Calamity Physics". Doesn't that seem like an unlikely title for a novel? But then my last book "I Am Charlotte Simmons" was oddly titled too. Or at least I think so. Maybe all the good titles have been used up. Gone with the wind, so to speak.

I'm at a loss for words this morning which is crazy as there are books all around me just full of them. Hold on while I go get a few.

If you apologize to the spider before you step on it or swat it, you are my kind of person. That's from a note I left myself that was probably meant to lead to another thought. I can't imagine what it is. Here's another: ask your doctor if Global Warming is right for you. I'm sure that was supposed to inspire something profound. What do you suppose it could be? A diatribe on commercials or something political? Maybe it has to do with the greatest phrase ever uttered in the history of television ads, to wit, "If you have an erection lasting more than four hours..." There's not a Stand Up at a Comedy Club who isn't taking a run at that one.

Don't spread this next around because we don't want the place to get too crowded. Delicias Del Peru is running specials during the rainy season that are increible!
We got an appetizer (some kind of cold soup), an entree of corvina smothered in a shrimp sauce, rice and a chicken breast smothered in a spicy brown gravy, a small cucumber salad, a glass of wine and a dessert called Suspiro(which means sigh in English)that is a flan like pudding only lighter, for $9.95. I'll say that again, $9.95! Niiiiiiice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY, Papacita! Was so nice to hear your voice today. You sounded happy - well, even more happy than the average day, I should say.

Love you mucho! xox