Friday, June 06, 2008

Just Desserts

I'm out of cigars. I have more ordered, but until they arrive I'll just have to avoid doing anything that deserves a reward. Either that or eat a cookie. Which reminds me that dessert is a reward. When I was a kid I had one "grown-up" after another tell me that if I didn't eat my dinner I wouldn't get dessert. Now I always eat my dinner, well almost always, and by god I want my reward for doing it... dessert. My two in house chefs, Woowoo Chuck and RTGFKAR don't actually make desserts though, so I keep the cookie jar well stocked. There WILL be dessert.(Defined by me as something that contains sugar, tastes good and is in no way good for you.) I have to make up for all the ice cream, cake, pie, pudding and cookies I missed as a kid because the aforementioned "grown-ups" weren't able to get me to unclench my teeth so they could shove foodstuffs down my throat and thereby appease their need to see to it that I got a well balanced diet. Their failure in this regard was clearly responsible for my dearth of desserts. Had they given me the desserts anyway, I wouldn't have been so skinny and hence, not look like I needed to be fed other stuff. Fortunately I did have grandmothers whom I got to visit on occassion. If I was polite and clean and smiled for their friends, they would give me desserts FOR dinner if that's what I wanted. Grandmothers are good people.

I want to add something else here but I can't decide what. Celtics vs Lakers, Lorena, Annika and the LPGA tourney, Tiger and The US Open, dissension in The Sox clubhouse, or whether Hilary can obtain the vice presidency and sleep with interns to finally get even with Bill, but none of these catch my fancy. I think I'll just...skip it.

No comments: