Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Pizza and Stuff

I'm not really in the mood to blog, but I have to say something...anything, to get rid of the Palin pic.

RTGFKAR is building a storage shed behind the house. That's it. There is no further information. I just needed something to snap a photo of. (Never end a sentence in a preposition.) Okay I just needed to snap of a photo. (There, that's better.)

Woowoo Charly, RTGFKAR, friend B and I, (Why is the pronoun "I" capitolized?)(Capitalized? Hey, I can't remember them all.) motored into David yesterday to do this and that and have lunch at Pizza Hut. I have been to three or four Pizza Huts in my life and not a one was actually a hut. I can't explain that. The A/C in the much bigger than a hut building was so cold we opted to eat out on the much bigger than a hut's patio where the temperature was 80 something. There's a nice view of the parking lot from there. While we scarfed our pizzas a couple of gringos we know from Boquete parked and went inside. We are not sure if they came for the pizza or the A/C. They're from Alaska. They may have just needed a touch of home where it is colder than a Palin smile and you are allowed to shoot beautiful animals from an airplane. RTGFKAR and I shared a large "Pepperoni Lovers" pie (Old people will remember that pizzas were originally called pizza pies). We ate every bite and that was clearly a heroic feat. Friend B and Woowoo Chuck shared a medium combination pie that had 147 different kinds of meat, none recognizable but certified not shot from airplanes, noxious weeds in the form of green peppers and unidentifiable vegetables. They fell a couple of pieces short of finishing the pie. The ground opossum and mole chunks may have been too filling. An opinion poll following the meal revealed that both pizzas were as good as any the polled had previously had in Panama and that Obama was a shoo in for president on Pizza Hut's patio.

We went to PriceSmart after lunch because we couldn't find a store named PriceStupid where I'm sure we could have gotten better deals. We stocked up on things we needed like wine, oatmeal and muffins, a gourmet dinner combination favorite and I bought what is called a pair of jeans even though you only get one. I needed to replace the jeans I was wearing as they no longer fit. They had shrunk sometime during lunch at Pizza Hut. It might have been the humidity out on the patio that did it.

On the drive home we played I'm thinking of a person version of 20 questions. "Living?" "NO" "Dead?" "NO" "Bush?" That was fast. What gave it away?

No comments: