Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Dragon of Avelox

"...a more congenial spot, for happy ever-aftering than here in Avelox."

Acute bacterial infection with chronic bronchitis, to put a name on it, is the rogue dragon tormenting my kingdom.

Avelox is one of five brave knights sent forth to slay the beast. It comes in pill form in a push-out package that reads "Made in Germany by Bayer AG for Bayer of Mexico SA de CV, packaged in El Salvador. Alrighty then, this is one well traveled Knight.

(Aside: I popped one of these dragons slayers about two hours ago and I got so wired I had to lay down while my stomach tripped the light fantastic. Whoa Nelly.)

Bold Knight Sir Spirivia also marches forth from Germany and is an anticholinergic secret agent. It's good to have one of those on your side. This knight's job is to prevent "bronchospasms", a thing I am prone to every time a Bronco misses a tackle or drops a pass. In order to utilize this knight, I put a capsule into a HandiHaler where, by pushing a button a few times, the capsule is crushed and turned into powder. I then, you guessed it, inhale the powder.

With that knight positioned for action I then call upon Sir Cam, which is what we call him for short as his real name is Betamethasone. Cam is a glucocorticord steroid antiinflamatory we bring to the fray because we don't want any of those wily inflamatories gumming up the works at the last minute.

The brave Lady Miflonide from the Netherlands via Switzerland arrives in the nick of time to slay any asthma-like assaults by the dragon. She flies into battle with the use of an Aerolizer, another pill to powder gizmo that I will introduce to the fight twice a day.

Last but not least from Mexico comes Sir Mucosolvan The Latino knight. His task is one of the most difficult of all. He has to, and here I quote exactly from the military manual, "dissolve the sticky phlegm." It takes a knight of great courage to bring down the dragon's mighty phlegm.

The battle is enjoined. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're weird. xox

Zendoc said...

I am so!