Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Sunshine Came Softly through My Window Today

The sun is shining (for me and my gal). Okay, you have to be a hundred to understand that parenthetical comment, so for those of you coming in at less than that, let me enlighten and tell you it is a line from a song...an old song. I don't really know any lyrics from new songs unless you count "who let the dogs out" as new. There is also "sirvame la copa rota" which I learned six years ago, but I seldom get to use as it means, (bartender) "give me the broken glass.)

But I digress. The point is, the sun IS shining which is supposed to be a daily occurrence here in Paradise the Panama Edition, but has been a thing, instead, mostly absent of late. Well for sure it has popped out here and there, from time to time, now and again, and I'm not complaining, but I need sunshine like a junkie needs a fix. Don't give me a "taste" when what I need is a blast. Shine Baby shine and hook me up.

I have plans for the day if old sol continues to hang right there polishing the greenery; a dog walk in the afternoon, an assault on a hornet/wasp/bee nest at night. Okay, these are not exactly storm the Bastille kind of plans, but if you have been moping around sick for a couple months like I have, these plans will sound downright ambitious to you. The dog walk - I'm taking just one as all three requires a feat of strength beyond me at the moment - is one of my favorite pastimes as I find it meditative and exhilarating all at once. Lots of being present and lots of deep introspection alternate along the way.

The wasp/hornet/bee - we don't know what-the-hell they are - adventure will commence shortly after dark, (the recommended procedure) if it is not raining. The hive/nest has been growing and is now of softball size. It dangles from our patio overhang and looks quite menacing, but until last Friday, when our cleaning lady and friend Maria was stung on the cheek, has not been a problem. We have been unable to find a specific spray for hornets/bees/wasps to try on our little buzzers (they look like a cross between a fly and a wasp) so the matter has gone unattended. Yesterday I scored a Black Flag six megaton shoulder fired spray missle reputed to do in anything from bees to invading mongol hordes. I am ready for action. Aside: Our telephone ring tone is "Flight of the Bumblebee", so if you call me right after dark, I'll have the proper background music for my assault.

Let the fun and games begin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad the sun is out! how was your walk? i'll keep reading to find out how the bee attack went....

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.