Thursday, April 08, 2010

More Big Fun...For Me

Big Fun, the best kind of fun if you ask me and why wouldn't you, can be found in the strangest of places. No, #1 and #2 sons, I'm not talking about those kind of places. What I'm talking about is technology. Okay it's not really a place, it's a kind of thing. A spooky kind of thing that I usually try to avoid because there are concepts there like the wheel that just baffle me. Another example is my new computer mouse. It has no wires. I'm talking no, zero, zilch wires! How can that be? Fortunately for this just recently emerged from a cave person, I have several friends and relatives who do not run and hide when confronting technology, but rather, embrace it and make it a friend. One of them, one of my Favorite Five, the inimitable Special K, waved her technical magic wand over my blog and linked it to Google Analytics which allows me to see from whence my readers are visiting. Alrighty then and neato! I added the neato because it is an expression used by giddy twelve year olds and that's how the Monkeymind feels today. Neato.

Who would have guessed that readers as far away as India were tuning in. Okay, those were probably spammers, but the three from three different cities in Canada surprised me as I only knew of one for sure prior to the analysis. How's it going Alberto? There are also people from the states of Tennessee, Georgia, Arizona and parts of Texas that I can't account for. How yall doin'? In Colorado, New York, Maryland and California I expected to find perusers because I have family in those states and they have always been good about humoring me. There were lots of hits from Panama, of course, but what surprised me was the number; far more than anywhere else. So thanks neighbors, for tuning in and that includes my vecinos in Panama City.

Also technologically new from Special K, is the "Donate" icon up in the corner by the picture of the Monkeymind being emptied. This is there for those of you who want to help keep the Monkeymind in doughnuts. I was going to say bananas, but Donate for Doughnuts is catchier. So catchy, in fact, that I have made Donate for Doughnuts, my newest Buddhist mantra. What I do is I drop down into the lotus position and then I chant donate for doughnuts repeatedly until I achieve peace of mind or have to go to the bathroom, whichever comes first. Then, of course, I use my handy cell to call a chiropractor to get me out of the damn lotus position because that's a really painful way to sit.

I am also giddy (If you chant giddy giddy repeatedly, don't be surprised if your cat shows up.) about The Masters golf tournament starting today. I really enjoy the tension build up from Thursday to Sunday that the major tournaments inspire. Tiger will be there making his first golf playing appearance of the year. His presence these days always reminds me of Woody Allen who once said, "Love between two people is a beautiful thing." He pauses and then, "Between five it's fantastic!"

Caio, amigos, and talwaygo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's crazy how fun google analytics is, right? i do quite a bit of this kind of metrics stuff at work, and i love it.

i've made my first (of many) donation(s)!

all the rest of y'all better pony up for the Big Fun Neato Show that is Monkeymind.