Tuesday, April 02, 2013

JUST MESSIN'

I ain't been doin' much scribin' of late
and when I have done the results ain't been great.

I can snap out a poem 'bout any old time
'cause for me it's plum easy to crank out a rhyme.

But finding a worthy and meaningful theme
to get on about I needs me a scheme.

I blither and dither and hopelessly fret
awaiting a thought that ain't been thunk yet. 

I wish I was smarter with high education
but me and great schoolin' ain't got no relation.

I mumble and bumble and talk what I know
just hopin' that you all don't find me too slow.

I'm wantin' to write somethin' that'll impress ya
A thing so seductive it'll serve to undress ya.

'Cause when I was a boy that's what poems were for
(though 'memberin the words was a serious chore)

If you could recite 'em and you knew that you oughter 
stuff 'bout her hair and her eyes pools of water.

Then your luck and your chances were greatly increased
of gettin' a little before you deceased.

So there yall have it, I done found me a topic
I think's universal and not too myopic.

How to woo her and do her's the lesson I'm teachin'
sayin' poetry's a tool, just trust me, ain't reachin'.

Now I've come to the end of this rhyming lesson
If you've read down this far you know I'm just messin'

Truth is I'm still searchin' for deep fare to write
something profound and probing not hopelessly light.

But alas there is nothing just nothing you see
that's weighty not clever and still part of me.

So now all I must do is find me an endin'.
this poem's a mess, there'll be no patent pendin'.  








 




 


.





 








  

  

   

 









 



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just imagined this as performed by Flight of the Conchords and it was brilliant.

Anonymous said...

Very nice! reminds me of Shel Silverstein.