Saturday, April 27, 2013

SHUT EYES



                                           SHUT EYES

The part of waking in the morn
I find I most regret
is not the shaking off of sleep
or dreams I have not finished yet.

It's not a fear of dealing with
the unexpecteds of the day,
the dread of have-tos always there,
the choices I most need to weigh.

It's not about the what-will-come,
but rather about the now.
I lie in darkness all around
as blissful as a content cow.

My lids are shut and begging me
to not go to the light.
Morning waits to stun my eyes
Reality is oh so bright.

So I'll lie here but a moment more,
enjoying shut eye's grey.
There's nothing there of substance
to interrupt my stay.

The moment that I ope my eyes
in darkness or in light,
the wakened world will slither in
and chase away the night.

Bummer.

Doc Walton  April 2013























No comments: