Tuesday, March 20, 2007

At A Loss For Words

I've got three English/Spanish Dictionaries, including one heavy enough to do one arm curls with and a Webster's New World College - has anyone seen their Old World version? - and I find them no help at all when I'm at a loss for words. I just this minute opened up my dusty, trusty, old Webster's to a random page and locked my morning blurries on the word "ideology." It's defined as "the study of ideas, their nature and source." Well of course it is. The problem is you have to have an idea before you can study it and damn if I know the source from whence. I mean if it wasn't for Woowoo Charly, I wouldn't have any ideas at all. Hmmn, maybe I should wake her.

I'm supposed to be doing my Spanish homework, class is in two hours, but, you know, I'd rather shoot baskets or mess around with my friends. Maybe talk about sports or girls. If the conversation gets good, we can use our lunch money for cokes and Moon Pies down at the corner store and keep it going. Besides I've been studying way too hard lately. Four hours a week is no easy class load and I was telling my bud LJ only yesterday that our parents expect too darn much from us. Wish I had a car. I'd find that route 66 and drive it end to end and maybe even go to Panama. I've heard that's a really cool place.

Slap! Damn that smarts. Well I did make it to Panama after all. It just took longer than I thought. Now I have to do two things I should have done back then when my mind was nimble, but focused on all the wrong things. Learn Spanish and get a clue.

Whoops, just got interrupted and lost a half hour. Now I'm panicked. Gotta go.

No comments: