Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Hi Ho Hi Ho

...it's off to school we go. No time for fun no time for play, hi ho hi ho.

Day 2 was better, harder. I'm still ahead of the curve, but I'm filling in some of the gaps in what I thought I had already learned. It's good to know I don't know it all, because if I did, I would have to become a 5. Omniscient and all that.

It is fun sitting in a classroom with a lecturer at the board scribbling out notes with his dry erase marker. What ever happened to chalk? I enjoy the banter and the back and forth questioning and I particularly enjoy the sense of "eureka, I did not know that!" Ya gotta love learning. It's right up there with super models in vats of tapioca for a good sensation. Yesterday, por ejemplo, I learned exactly when to use the words por and para which are commonly misused by gringos. Now if I could only remember where I left that tub of pudding...

After school, - what a strange phrase that is for someone my age to write - I did my homework, tarea in Spanish, took Gus for a hike, practised guitar, I can now find the B chord in less than an hour, watched Chelsea knock off FC Porto in the Uefa, it's back on, chatted with mi esposa over cocktails, had dinner and went to bed to read a book. Oh yeah, and somewhere in there I also did some chores and ate some peanuts. I'm only mentioning this in answer to the what do you do all day question that we jubilados get on a regular basis.

I think my mouse is dying. And that's another sentence you don't often see in print. It's a Genius and it has a little mouse head in profile stamped above the G in Genius which is itself stamped across the middle of the gismo. I'm bringing this up because I am out of things to say in the four minutes I have left to write before I get ready for school. So that's it for the day. Hi ho hi ho.

No comments: