Monday, March 05, 2007

Blog on the Run

At 10:30 this morning I begin a week of intensive Spanish classes. I will be in class four hours each day and have homework to boot. (Drop kicking homework into a corner was one of my specialties back in the day.) The course is being given here by a language center called Habla Ya. (Speak Now) I've been wanting to improve my Spanish at a faster rate for sometime, so I wandered into Habla Ya one day and took their placement test. I'm an intermediate. I think that means I'm over five foot five but less than tall. Habla Ya then rounded up three other intermediates to fill up the class; four people to a teacher being their maximum. One of the other students will be our friend Alan who became an inter by having taken classes in the past. I think he's a bit more fluent than I am but, hey, I'm taller. I don't know yet who our other classmates will be, but I'm hoping for SI swimsuit models in need of lessons. It's always good to have hope. At the end of the week I will cut back classes to two hours a day two times a week for the rest of the month. After that I will go on the Spanish Lecture circuit dazzling the masses with my fluency on a wide variety of subjects dear to the Latino heart like, Salsa. Is it music or something to put on food? Woowoo Charly will then begin her classes at Habla Ya or maybe Spanish By The River, she likes the sound of that one, and the two of us will no longer be intimidated by smart alecky six year olds speaking better English than our Spanish.

Wish us luck.

No comments: