Sunday, December 02, 2007

Logic

A crackly sunny morning with no rain is lighting up our windows. Woowoo Charly whispered to me that maybe, if we are real quiet, we won't wake up the wind. Makes sense to me.

I also saw the logic yesterday when she told me I had to polish her hiking boots. "Why" I asked, "do I have to polish YOUR boots?" "Because you were in the Army," she answered. Alrighty then, I'll get right on it.

RTGFKAR laid his bit of wisdom on me yesterday as well, while we were pumping iron. "You know" he said, "it's only the last two or three reps that do us any good, so why don't we skip the first seven or eight and just do the last ones?" Can't argue with that.

I should also point out that up at our nueva casa the back wall, the side walls and the roof of the construction shack have been removed. Only the frame, the front wall and the door remain. Luckily, the door is still chained and locked. Wouldn't want anyone to break in.

I understand this logic. What I don't understand is Eastern Standard Time. There's just no reason for it. There's no reason whatsoever for a football or basketball game to start at nine o,clock at night. Seven, like game time in the Rocky Mountains, makes complete sense and gets people to bed at a decent hour which then helps them be fresh and productive the next day. I therefore propose that we put the entire Western Hemisphere on Rocky Mountain Time. This will take a little adjusting to at first, but once the people get the hang of it, they'll all thank me. Are you with me? Do I have your vote? C'mon, it's a logical thing to do.







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope the sunshine stays with you!

We have our first snow today. Just a dusting of snow and bitter cold air, doesn't feel nice and wintery in a Colorado way.

Your proposal works for me. I lived in Denver my whole life and rarely got to bed before midnight. I move to NYC and am in bed by 10 every night. Go figure.

ps. Dara's having her mommy group first birthday party this afternoon - I get to meet Jax's little friends - yay!