Thursday, December 20, 2007

Ready to Move

I think it's Thursday. Could be Wednesday or Friday, but I think it's Thursday. Hard to tell here in Jubilado Land. I mean it's not like back in the office when you knew it was Thursday because Sally was wearing the grey slacks and blue sweater ensemble that marked the day. Here there are no markers. I will know, however, when it's Saturday. Saturday we move.

Wish I could say I was looking forward to it, but without electricity and no set date to have it turned on, all I've got are apprehensions. I mean, what does one do in the dark for twelve hours of every twenty four? Especially knowing that behind that blank Sony screen there's probably a good football game being played and Alan Shore is winning another case for the good guys on Boston Legal. Sure when you were a kid it was fun to read comics under the covers with a flashlight, but I'm reading The Raj Quartet in paperbacks and these books have print so small I'd need a kleig under there. Okay, I'll give you ghost stories around the campfire, those are always fun, but you know, it's raining most nights here. I suppose we could sit around the stove, put some marshmallows on a stick and fake it, but really, does that sound like fun to you? And going to the new fridge for a snack? Hey, there's nothing like warm milk on your morning cereal and toast that isn't toasted smeared with runny butter. Worse still, no ice cubes for evening cocktails? Puleeeeze, perish the thought.

Okay, forget that. Truth is I'm only ranting for fun. Actually I'm getting anxious to go. Antsy even. The sooner we get there the sooner the moving part will be over. The moving part is the real pain. Yup, antsy, twitchy, nervous, impatient, that's me. I'm ready to be gone.

Trouble is, it's only Thursday...right?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck with the move. I am sure that electricity will be there manaƱa. When ever that is.

Don Ray

Anonymous said...

Thursday. This year teachers love Thursday. This Thursday is a Saturday. And all tomorrows are Saturdays until Sunday January 1. Yup, that's how I see it.

Anonymous said...

Remember when you drove the blue van into the mountains until we ran out of road and then had to back down that rocky little path with the cliff on one side and #1son walking behind with a flashlight and the back doors propped open? Good times, good times.

Zendoc said...

Thanks Don.

#2, I remember it well. It was the road to St. Mary's Glacier. I wonder, what with global warming, if it is still there.

Anonymous said...

Good luck Papacito! Enjoy the romantic candlelight...xox

Anonymous said...

It's gone. But you can drink it whenever you have a Coors Lite.

Anonymous said...

Is St. Mary's Glacier really gone? Sad.

Unknown said...

So happy to have the whole family all together in the blogosphere.
Too bad the parentals are without power now and I'm late on reading this blog. But otherwise, great chatting with you.
Happy New Year!