Monday, December 03, 2007

Weekend

The Weekend is over. I don't really remember it starting and now it's over. Gone. A flickering memory. Oh well, back to the grind.

I love the grind. There's all that lingering over the morning coffee, lingering over the news on-line, lingering in the hot shower, lingering with the next good book. Yup, there's a lot of lingering in my grind and I love that about it. Its opposite of course, unlingering, is a bad thing. You can tell by the way its sounds. "The scales of the Unlingering scraped menacingly as it slid from its hiding place under the rock." See what I mean? Lingering on the other hand, is a happy thing. "The children smiled contentedly as their mother ladled warm Lingering over their steamy bowls of rice." It's easy to see from these examples why I'm a fan of lingering.

I'm also fond of Lazingabout and accomplishing things when you get a Roundtuit. Lazingabout is useful for things like blogging - I mean, c'mon, I'm just sitting here - reading, sports viewing, listening to music and watching my dog scratch himself behind an ear. Lazingabout outside is nice too when the sun is shining like it is today. I'll have to schedule some for later. And roundtuits seem to show up just when you need them. Today, for instance, we have a toilet whose flushy part is broken and I'm betting a Roundtuit will appear in the nick of time so I can fix it. If it doesn't, well then, we'll just use the other bathroom and hope the Roundtuit turns up tomorrow.

Nevertheless, at the end of the week after five long, arduous days of Lingering, Lazingabout and getting Roundtuits, I must admit I do look forward to the Weekends when I get to do something else, something different. What exactly that is, I can't tell right now, because I can't remember, but I'm sure it's something good. Something like, oh I don't know, say Powernapping. Yeah that IS good. Say it again.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Getting back to the "grind," eh? Grrrrr.

Anonymous said...

I like to fiddleabout and dillydally. They're both open to so many interpretations.

Anonymous said...

#1SON said...
Ughhh... No they're not....

Zendoc said...

Get you minds out of the...bed.

Anonymous said...

#1son, why are you anonymous? We know who you are. I know, you haven't figured out the internet machine yet.

Anonymous said...

I don't want anyone to know my connection to any of you.