Thursday, October 02, 2008

New York Rambling

Alrighty then, Woowoo Charly and I are back from NY where we had two weeks that can only be described as awesome! (By "only" I mean if one lacks imagination and the ability to depict events using two or more words and yup, that's me. My mind is effectively whited out by the flood of thoughts that arrive when I call for NY trip details. A collage of people and play appears like a fat cloud and hovers about my frontal lobes obscuring the divisions between each NY event. Awesome just keeps popping up and though I love the original intent of the word - a mixed bag of reverence and wonder - I fear its effect has been diminished by over use. Still, there it is, AWESOME!)

I could I suppose, start at the beginning and write a precise account in detail of all that occurred from the get go to the done deal. I could, that is, if I had the focus, concentration and attention span of a ten year old and we all know that's not the case. I mean this blog isn't called Monkeymind for nothing. So...in lieu of being clear and having to write coherently, I'll just give you the collage. (Hmmm, if collage were a Spanish word it would be pronounced ko-yag-eee.)(You see? The mind of the monkey is ever present.)

Hotel Estancia no TV but little bottles of wine and packaged cookies-nice breakfast next morn. Beep beep shoes off then board plane. Long flight, bad movie-Ashton Kutcher-give me a break. Cab from Newark to Brooklyn-yeeha!-we are definetly not in Panama anymore Toto-talk Spanish to Argentinian driver. Hugs and shiny wet eyes from and to Dara and Dave and grandson-Jackson My Man who is almost two but is tall as four-NBA scouts should be alerted. Dave off to busines retreat for rest of week-bummer. Kira arrives-more hugging-lots of excited talking- watch Daily Show and Colbert Report before sacking down-funny funny shows. Mexican resturant for lunch next day-Jackson at preschool-talked Spanish to waiter whose own Spanish seemed very clear-not so fast-later conversation, drinks and a cigar for me in backyard of D and D's as sun sets-Kira over again after work. Next day long walk in beautiful Prospect Park and visit to zoo there with Jackson and Dara. That night Kira picks up Laura at La Guardia. All three daughters Laura-Kira-Dara now in NY-amazing. Next day K and L take us to Chinatown NY and put us on a bus-say what-headed to Chinatown D.C. to be picked up by son Todd. Girls and Dave to drive down in rental car the following morning. Four of our five kid units will then be together-fifth unable to come from Denver-congressional financial bailout doesn't have him targeted.

Tomorrow the big surprise.

Spell check is not working. Feel free to make corrections.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I can't wait to read about the SURPRISE! What happens?! What happens?!

Unknown said...

Did you intentionally post the hammiest goofiest pictures of your children? Strangers take note: we are this goofy but in our own minds much more subtle.

Zendoc said...

You don't look hammy or goofy to me. You look beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I think you look hammy. But I look cheesy . I'm just surprised we actually have heads, if you've seen his other photos.