Wednesday, March 25, 2009

AAAHHHHHHH !

My stomach is upset, my back hurts and I'm sleep deprived. We have puppies. (Sounds more like someone with a baby...a fat baby.)

Did you ever notice that after you turn sixty...okay fifty...okay thirty-five, you make a sound as you plop down onto a cushy chair or fall into bed? It's a verbal exclamation halfway between pleasure and relief; a sigh of contentment, at last. Aahhh doesn't quite capture it and neither does ooooh, but they are close. If you are part of the post thirty-five set and are not making this sound, you should be, as it is the equal of the verbal satisfaction universally enjoyed after the first sip of a cold beer on a hot day. The only person I know who does not often give forth with this cry of delight is Woowoo Charly, who, not having any measurable weight, fails to dent either cushion or mattress as she descends onto them and thus does not experience that sinking into softness feeling.

RTGFKAR, Woowwoo and I played golf yesterday with a Chinese Panamanian named Gene something. I think it was Lau or Wow or Chow. I didn't quite catch it. Whenever Gene would hit a bad tee shot, he would take a murrigan. As these second shots were always better than his first, I'm thinking that I too will be taking murrigans in the future; mulligans having failed me far too often in the past. At days end, Gene said it was a pressure to meet us and he hoped to play with us again sometime. He was a nice guy.

I'm going back to bed now to rest my aching back and calm my tumultuous tummy. RTGFKAR and Woowoo are up and the pups are now in their care. I will ease back onto our mattress covered with four inches of "miracle foam" and silently, to myself, let out that wonderful exhalation of joy. To do so aloud would alert our four legged fiends that I am down and vulnerable. Wish me luck.

No comments: