Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Off and Runn...Walking

"I'm not sick, I just don't FEEL good" may be the quintessential denial phrase, but, alas, it describes me this morning. On top of that I took three shots at spelling quintessential before giving up, cheating, and using the spell checker. I have been feeling out-of-sorts for a week or so, (and sorts are not that easy to come by) but chalked it up to either travel anxiety, dengue fever, an allergy or swine flu, none of which would stop me from traveling, although allergies can certainly be annoying. I seem to feel poorly on an every other day basis. If that trend continues, I will touch down in NYC Wednesday chipper as a chipmunk, wary of Thursday and looking forward to Friday. Hey, "It could be worse," Igor said to Gene Wilder. "How?" replied Wilder as Doc Frankenstein. "It could be raining." We all know what happened next. (Don't tell me rain is in the forecast.)

But let us not dwell on whatever is the opposite of the bright side and consider only the shiny. I am completely packed except for, you know, clothes and stuff. My mind is clear if that means empty and I am ready to travel more or less. Being ready to travel is not the same as liking to travel which no one really cares for. Arriving is what we all like to do and I am looking forward to that, after which I will be looking backwards to make sure it all went okay.

Our dogs and RTGFKAR are aware that something is up even though we have tried to keep the trip a secret from them. All four have been acting strangely. Yesterday RTGFKAR went to the beach by himself - a thing he has never done before - and the mutts have actually fought to see which one can jump on our laps and show us how much they love us. We have had to endure frequent lick face fests. It could be worse though. The dogs could have done the former and RTGFKAR the latter.

Twitter: I'm moving from the office now, going to the shower.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're awesome. glad you're here. wish i weren't so snotty. tomorrow!