Sunday, September 13, 2009

Seeing Brooklyn on Foot

Woowoo Charly is always saying, "I could live in New York", to which I usually respond, "I could too", but then, give me satellite TV, a computer and fast internet service, along with shelter, a clement climate, dogs, a comfortable bed, a couple of good, reasonably priced restaurants near-by, clean air, cheap booze, a few close friends, books, jeans that fit, inexpensive golf courses, Tylenol PM, indoor plumbing, and,(of course this goes without saying)an attractive, intelligent, funny wife attuned to my every need, music, good health, occasional solitude, peace of mind, paper products, Advil, telephone service, a recliner, hot showers, a shaving mirror, a well stocked grocery market, spending money, potent coffee, strong tea, rye and Italian breads, red wine, cigars, some travel and well... you know, I could live anywhere. But then, I'm easy.

We went to the NY Aquarium yesterday so Jackson could see the sharks and Woowoo Charly could scope out the walrus. (The plural of walrus may or may not be walruses but if it isn't, it should be.) We walked the boardwalk in Coney Island which is part of Brooklyn and then we walked around Little Odessa which is part of Russia which is part of Brooklyn, and then we got on the wrong (Dara just made me go back and say it wasn't the "wrong" train, it was just a train that was doing something funky that day because of fixing tracks or something like that.) subway train which should be called the sometimes sub and other times above way train that took us several hundred miles out of our way but never out of Brooklyn. Brooklyn is a very big place. We walked from there through the Kalahari, Gobi, and Sahara deserts which are recognizable for their absence of bars until we arrived at a place where we could board the correct train which is known as the "F" for reasons I don't want to get into. When we finally got back home, Dave, Woowoo and I walked to a hot dog emporium at my request because we still had some unwarranted skin left on the bottom of our feet that needed to be rubbed off and because, well, I wanted a dog. After that we read some books, played some Wii, watched some football and waited for Amazon dot com to deliver our new feet which, like anything you can possibly imagine are brought right to your door by Fed Ex. If, of course, your door is in Brooklyn.

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Sounds like you're having fun. That's all that counts.

Weather is beautiful here.

Bonnie and Larry

Anonymous said...

Your list inspired me to make one of my own: music, books, animals, sunshine, good coffee, good wine, good food, companionship, family, friends.