Friday, September 04, 2009

Blogging To Put Macbeth In The Rear View Mirror

Just a few final things to wrap up before heading to NYC. Wish I could remember what they are. Packing! That's it, packing is one of them! I better go write that down before I forget.

I mowed the lawn yesterday. This may not seem of particular interest to a lot of people, but as a twitter - at least the ones I read about - this statement is of the seriously intellectual variety and will garner many responses.

A large white pig came to visit us a couple of days ago. It was so undeterred by our barking dogs that it walked right up to the gate for a closer look at them. Woowoo Charly was the first to spot it. She came into the office to alert me to the situation. She said, " Doc, there is pig in our yard." I said, "That's no way to talk about..." but she interrupted and said, "no, I'm talking about a REAL pig." I ran for the camera, but was too late. I barely got a quick glimpse of the prowling porker before it disappeared into the bush where I could hear it snuffling, snorting, coughing and making other sounds, none of which were oinks.

In other news of dramatic effect worthy of a twitter, it hasn't rained much lately.

I watched some of a French documentary last night called "The Earth From Above." There was an English voice over for much of the film, but the people being interviewed most often spoke french. When this occurred, Spanish subtitles ran below the screen. Because the French speak rapidly, the subtitles flew by. I was, however, able to get the gist of what was going on. In short, the interviewees were mostly saying, the planet is fucked. Of course, in French this doesn't sound quite so bad. (Even in English with a French accent it's easier to take. Zee plan-ate she ees foo-ked, hunh hunh hunnnhhh. (The laugh sounds a lot like our visiting pig pal.)
The French, who we all know are such optimistic types, put forth the statistics for the earth's demise, but softened the blow by introducing people here and there about the globe attempting to alleviate or slow the inevitable. The documentary didn't come right out and say it, but if it had, it would have been this: Zeez peep-ole, say are pees-ing in sa fiend. So there you have it, you are all doomed, especially if you are french.

After the film I turned on the Jet game for a little while. You know, the Broncos, aware that Cutler was history, could have traded up and got Sanchez in the draft. But Noooooo. I repeat, Noooooo. Talk about doomed!

RTGFKAR and I went to Amigos's Restaurant last Saturday afternoon to hear friend Randy Pigott sing and play his guitar. (That's pronounced Pee-goat and not pig-out as you might suspect from one of the themes in this blog.) Randy is a talented C/W artist who has recorded and played with many of the biggies in the field. (Older biggies. Leon Russell is a name I remember him mentioning.) We joined a table of other friends and downed a few beers. Good music, lots of laughs, good time. Woowoo Charly was home with a good book and a ladies golf tournament on the tube and couldn't be budged.

Wish us a bien viaje and I will see you in NYC. If, of course, that's where you are.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the pig sounds straight out of gabriel garcia marquez story, the way you tell it!

many giggles from this post, pops. "Zee plan-ate she ees foo-ked, hunh hunh hunnnhhh." love it.

reminds me of robin williams doing an impression of a frechwoman at a sidewalk cafe, smoking with her newborn in her arms while the americans next to her look on, aghast.

"ahh, she eees freehnch, she must learhn," the mom says, waving her cigarette and blowing smoke on her baby, "life ees sheeet."

Anonymous said...

macbeth (in my pants): http://kivawa.blogspot.com/2009/09/my-dorky-hobby.html

pops, i haven't read your big macbeth post yet, but i will later today! should i reread the play first?!

Zendoc said...

I'm reading old Gabe's "Hot Sex in the time of Swine Flu" or something like that, in Spanish. Maybe that's why the title sounds off. It's slow going.

No need for you to read Willy's version, mine trumps. (ask anyone)

"...life is sheet" is vey funny.