Saturday, June 26, 2010

A fortelling and an Afttelling.

If you are wondering where the Monkeymind has been, here is an update: (I had an up date back in '58. She was tall, thin, out-going and pretty enough to be intimidating. Her name was Gloria. She took my hand without me asking and held on to it as if it were a prized possession. After the dance, a high school event, we walked around outside while our double date companions went to retrieve their car from the school parking lot. The separation from them gave Gloria and I the time and opportunity to kiss. Kissing was, of course, forbidden inside at the dance although frequent pecks were sneaked by the going-steadys when "monitors" weren't looking. We found a spot in the darkness of a tree shadow and commenced our lip locking. Gloria had full lips and a sweet tasting mouth. I was using all the nifty techniques I had learned from a novel I had read - start softly and then press gradually firmer while gently sucking and pay attention to one lip at a time - to make the kiss as deep as possible, when Gloria suddenly opened her mouth and pushed her tongue between my lips. Wow! This was exciting! I had never "Frenched" before! I got the hang of it real quick though, and this led us to some fierce body grinding that was just short of heaven. That, of course, was when our ride showed up with bright lights and beeping and laughter. We had a few more kisses in the car, Gloria and I, on the way home but none were as emotionally charged as that first one. Our driver had to have his parent's car back by eleven so there really was not much time for parking and sparking. Still, all in all, I considered that an "up" date although it was followed by only a couple more before Gloria and I went our separate ways.) I've been working my way through my blog bin trying to cull a few for my...I want to say "Best Of" but that, really, is for someone else to say, so I will just call it my Favorites List. This is not an easy task as I'm approaching six hundred of these puppies and reading them all is daunting chore. (Especially the ones I hate.) Nevertheless, (a really odd compound word that) I will have the list shortly.

No comments: