Sunday, June 06, 2010

Quattro Formaggi

Quattro Formaggi is a character in a book I have just put down. It's the character's nickname and the name of his favorite pizza. (Four cheese most likely) I mention this for no reason other than I like saying the name aloud. Quattro Formaggi. Go ahead, say it again, Quattro Formaggi. It will stick in your head faster than a bad tune. "I'm Henery the eighth I am, Henerey the eighth I am I am." Sorry about that.

The book was written by Niccolo Ammaniti, another name fun to say, and is, by the way, apart from its terrible title, "As God Commands" which leads one to think this is some kind of religious tome, a thing it is certainly not, a fabulous read about mostly unsympathetic but compelling characters and contains not a single sentence as awkward as this one.

So there you have that.

Quattro Formaggi.

Back in the day, 2006,... wait! Let me start again. "Back in the day" has become such a cliche that it grates on the Monkeymind.

In the year of your lord and mine, Rahma Lahma Ding Dong, 2006, when the Monkeymind emerged from the muck and mire that is my thought process, I endeavored to write a blog everyfreakingday. As a consequence there were many written about the subject of "nothing." These were clever, I thought, but then my thoughts are not to be trusted, emanating as they do from the jungle that is my actual - and here I use the term lightly - mind. I had nothing else to write in those days and a blog seemed a good way to, A. keep in touch with loved ones and, B. provide an outlet for my creative urges. (No not those urges, the other ones.) Now I find that I have all sorts of writing to do, a product, I suppose, of having opened up the creative flood gates and loosed the Monkeymind and, as a consequence of that, I only blog when something of note occurs that I find should be recorded or I just feel like messing around verbally. One or both of those incidences are usually enough to provide a couple of blogs weekly.

That being said, here is the summation of last week's notable occurrences: Woowoo Charly and I shared the Tuna steak at Las Ruinas. The restaurant did not have the wasabi mayo that they provided the first time we ordered the tuna a few weeks ago. Woowoo Charly was upset.

Alrighty then. Here it is four years later. I'm still writing about nothing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well your post about nothing satisfied my hankering for Monkeymind. I've been checking for a new post every day for the past I don't know how many. So thanks!
(and I agree with Mom-I bet the steak was much better with the wasabi mayo)
Glad you liked the book!

Unknown said...

Also, this post made me hungry.