Monday, May 29, 2006

Doc Meets The Blog

Alrighty then! Here I am blogging away. My very first written at the blog site blog. It's a bit intimidating. Okay, it's not De Niro saying "you talkin to me?" but it does give one pause. This space coming up?,that's the pause. It first occurs to me that I should have to depersonalize what I place here on the off chance that a strange reader peer in and have a peak. But on second thought...and I'm only good for two at a time, thoughts that is, it would be a strange reader indeed who dropped in on a site called Monkeymind. Jane Goodall, I suppose might have a look, but apart from she and her peers, who is going to pick this site from all those available for perusing. Sites like Naked Celebrities Tell All and The Best of Gilbert Godfrey are sure to attract more visitors. With that in mind, well not for long, I have to move it out to make room for the next thing, I will now get on with today's short subject(Dudley Moore at 5'3" was a short subject) secure in the knowledge that only one or two of my kids will actually stop to read all of this now that they think there really is a site called Naked Celebrities Tell All.

Last night on cable station CCC here in Panama I finally got to watch a movie I have awaited with the same anxious anticipation as I did for "Frankenstein Meets The Wolfman", "Godzilla vs. Mothra", "Freddy vs. Jason" and George Bush Meets Reality." I am of course talking about "Alien vs. Predator." This extaordinary film, which was somehow overlooked by The Academy, brings into conflict two of our favorite film fight failures - Alien having been defeated by Signourney Weaver in her underwear and Predator dropping a close one to Arnold wearing mud - in a nevertheless highly anticipated tussle along with a cast of humans with names I don't remember because, well, they just weren't memorable, whose principle role in the film was to be killed in bloddy, gory and other highly entertaining fashions. I won't tell you the ending, or the beginning and middle for that matter, but I will say that like those other classics I've mentioned,(apart from the Bush one where Reality loses) there is no clear cut winner. Nor will I say this is the greatest movie ever made because it ranks at least a notch below "Big Trouble In Little China" and "Plan Nine From Outer Space." It is, however, more entertaining than "Citizen Kane"... but then, what isn't.

And so ends my first blog. Lest you think I am here solely to entertain, I now offer a word to the wise. Nevermind, the wise are still reading Naked Celebrites Tell All.

No comments: