Tuesday, May 30, 2006

a word about...

A word about wine. It's not about price. In fact, I have found fine wines at $3.75 that are just as good as those at $4.50.

And speaking of wine, which is often the fuel for spiritual thought, ask any priest, I came across this bit from Ram Dass - or is it Dam Rass - or maybe it's VanDam Rass twelth degree bad ass guru - that has nothing to do with wine. "To materialist eyes, India is a developing country; to spiritual eyes, the United States is a developing country." Ram and I will now accept comments...or wine.

I think Ram is right about that. Ram Dass, by the way is pronounced Rahm Dahss. If you pronounce it rammed ass, it will never get by the censors. Right, at least about the U.S. part. I don't know enough about India to speak on its behalf, but I will if they ask me. It seems to me that I have met more people in the last few years who express interest in the search for spiritual grounding. Most, oddly, although not really oddly if you think about it, are looking outside of religion for answers to those eternal questions of who am I, why am I here, what happens next and where do I get more wine? I myself and Lance my other self have asked those same questions. In fact, along with who shot Kennedy and just how many steroids did Barry Bonds take, these are probably the most asked questions of all. I realize, of course, that some of you look to me for more than just the questions so I will now take a shot at providing answers in the deep and profoudly serious way you've come to expect. The first question, who are you, is probably the easiest to answer by simply saying, Yo, Dimwit, if you don't know, I'm not going to tell you. The second, why am I here requires a gentler and more tactful response as it involves your parents, a lot of wine and probably some music. Either that or alien intervention. If you were ever involved in Texas politics the latter is probably the case. Actually, I don't think I can fully explain the why you are here thing without the aid of hand puppets so I may just have to take that up another time. As to what happens next and where do I get more wine, the answers are one and the same. It's a place called the 19th Hole. You can go there now - When Ram Dass wrote "Be Here Now" he was at the 19th Hole - or you can go there later. It doesn't matter if you want to go there or not. You will go there eventually. Everybody does. That's why it's so crowded.

No comments: