Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Monday A Fun Day

I feel an attack of serious writing coming on and that worries me. In order to write seriously one has to know serious things and truthfully I can't think of a one. Wait, I take that back. Humor is a serious thing. I take humor seriously. What, after all, has seen us through dire times more often than a good laugh. Well sure Johnny Walker comes to mind, but I'm talking besides that. And you don't even have to laugh aloud to get the full benefits of a humorous moment. As long as you are chuckling inside when G.W. Bush says anything at all, your day will have been better spent.

Yesterday was a funny day. It was a "Monday" which comes from the word "mundane" which I believe is the opposite of "greatdane" and the reason why people wishing a balance of the two are always insisting that we "have a nice dane." RTGFKAR and I ran errands about town while Woowwoo Charly read an entire publication about a Vanity Fair that should probably have been called Vanity Fare because vanity is expensive. One of our stops was at Global Bank which isn't really global, but the bank is expanding to a location across the street and although that isn't exactly like having a new branch in Hong Kong or Tokyo, they are moving up. Look out Wells Fargo. We were there to open a new account for RTGFKAR. In order to do this money is required, so RTGFKAR went over to the bank's ATM and took some out. He then gave the money back to the bank which, I suppose, puts it back in the ATM. It was then I realized what economists mean when they talk about money circulation. After that, or maybe before that, these busy days are so confusing, we went to Romero's Super Mercado to buy milk and wine, one of which is a renowned heath food so we got lots of it. After that we went home and played a game of Scrabble with Woowoo Charly who came up with lots of funny words like "unto" but ultimately lost to RTGFKAR because he takes Scrabble seriously. I know this because he doesn't read magazines and watch sports while he plays which, if you ask me, isn't fair. Later we watched the rain and drank a few glasses of health food.

All in all it was a pretty funny day.

2 comments:

Zendoc said...

verblitzelflankin

Anonymous said...

Aha. There's the serious part.