Saturday, June 09, 2007

Picture This

"A picture is worth a thousand words." Who said that? Bit of an exaggeration if you ask me. Forty or fifty words maybe, but a thousand? If you think a picture is that valuable ask a mute. See if he draws you a picture of his answer or just smacks you a good one upside the head.

The reason I bring this up is because I've added a picture to yesterday's blog. I wasn't trying to add a picture to yesterday's blog but there it is anyway. What I was trying to do was add a picture to this blog, but you know, gang agley strikes when you least expect it. Now I'm stuck with cranking out a thousand words. If the quote creator had said a reasonable "blah blah blah a hundred words", I'd be done by now. Oh well, might as well get to it.

One excellent afternoon this week was spent playing a game of Scrabble with RTGFKAR and Woowoo Charly while simultaneously watching the Red Sox and Rockies games. I won the Scrabble match with a clever usage of the word "spinets", the Sox got an almost no hitter from Curt Schilling and a 1 to 0 win over Oakland as the Rockies triumphed over Houston on a Tulowitzki walk off single in the bottom of the ninth. ("Bottom of the ninth" being a redundant phrase after saying "walk off", but a little redundancy is a good thing when you are in search of a thousand words.)

But enough about sports, let's talk politics. Who is Obama's team, why is he keeping it a secret, and can a true Liberal vote for Hilary knowing she's a Yankee fan? These are the questions that need to be answered so we can we go to the polls and cast an enlightened and educated vote. And while we are inquiring, wouldn't it be nice to know if soccer moms know anything about soccer and who are they aligned with politically, the polls fail us here, and what about deck shuffleboard moms and full contact karate moms. Don't they count? I remember when there used to be serious investigative reporting. Now it's all sound bites which leads me to ask the obvious, how, actually, does a sound bite?

I have an eyebrow hair growing near the right side of my right eye that must be close to two inches long. Is this normal? Should I cut it? Is there a category in Guiness for this? It's not really all that noticeable because it kind of curls up and is real light in color. I like to grab it though, and twirl it on my finger. I'm sure this is not normal, but I can't seem to stop doing it. Should I seek professional help or just ask a mute?

Alrighty then, there's an even thou. Tomorrow I'm going with the picture.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have 519 words to go. I counted.

Zendoc said...

Well of course you did and I knew you would. You're a counter.

Anonymous said...

Long eyebrow (slash nose slash ear) hair = sure sign of a (wise) old man.

But you should still pluck it.

Anonymous said...

Something, a story tickling the back of my mind, buzzing at me since I read this post...and I finally remembered!

When I heard him speak last fall in Denver, the Dalai Lama commented on his own strangely long eyebrow hair. No kidding.

He said something like, "People think I have all the answers. I don't. This morning, I found this crazy long eyebrow hair growing out of my face. Do I understand this hair? Even that? No!"

Unknown said...

David has one of those long eyebrow hairs, too, and won't pluck it. He's grown very fond of it. Men are weird.