Thursday, November 22, 2007

Food Freak

As you may have grocked from reading past blogs, I am interested in all things sent down from Foods R Us except cook books, but including diet books. Okay, that's not like I'm interested in literature, sports, movies, music, current events, spirituality, art, humor, super models and dancing with wolves or stars, but I do pay attention when the subject of food comes up and the subject of food comes up...daily. ("food comes up" may not be the right choice of words.)I mean somebody is always asking what's for lunch or what are we going to do about food, after which plans are made to eat some, so you see I am aware that this is a subject dear to the hearts and stomachs of most people and must be taken...with a grain of salt. So to speak.

Now here I need point out that I am a vegetarian and have been for quite some time. I'm thinking eight, maybe nine days. I'm pretty strict too. I've only had meat four times in that period. What brought me to this less than mainstream dietary regimen was The North Beach Diet. This is a diet in which one only eats carbohydrates. Lots of carbohydrates taken in as many diverse forms as possible is recommended by the author of the diet who shall remain anonymous as I don't like using my name in vain. Today, for instance, in honor of the Pilgrims whose own diet preferences and attitudes are revealed when you break down their group moniker into its component parts, ie: "pill" and "grim", I plan to start the day with cinnamon rolls and move onto pie. In between, who knows, but you can be sure I'll get my share of carbos and hydrates because I don't want to be decarboed or dehydrated.

Thanks Happygiving.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's see...I remember a few times in my life when my main objective for the day is finding something good to eat. Yep, I remember it well. Know what it's called? Vacation.

Which means you're pretty much on permanent vacation, right?

Zendoc said...

Mas o menos.