Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I'm in the Mood for Rain, Simply Because it's Raining

'Tis the season to be rainy, fallahlahlahlah, lahlah, lah lah.

I just read that the Panamanian government is subsidizing rice, bread, coffee, sugar, cooking oils, and a number of other essentials to offset some of the dramatic increases in food prices that are occurring the world over. Nice. My kind of government. They make an effort here to see that the poor don't get poorer.

Golfing in the rain, just golfing in the rain. What a glorious feelin' I'm happy again.

Woowoo Chuck and I got in 27 holes between the drops yesterday and despite tromping about with soggy feet we managed to hit some quality shots. A quality shot is defined as one that sounds and feels good as you make it and has a result that doesn't nescesarily have to be great, but should be, at least, not awful. A quality putt on the other hand, is one that goes in the hole. No other definition will suffice.

Now it's one for the money, two for the show, three to get ready, now go rain go.

I'm reading a book by Tom Wolf called "I am Charlotte Simmons" that makes it hard to answer the question, what are you reading? (Okay Charlotte, but what are you reading?)

Give me a day with rain boys, long beautiful rain. Shining, gleaming, streaming, flaxen waxen.

The refridgerator magnet poetry kit that Spawn of Rayjay gave us has this adorning the fridge door: Sing like the wind as women smear languid chocolate visions for love and drunk mothers moan moon symphonies at dream men who whisper of sweet music.
It also has: Goddess of beauty fiddle with my enormous suasage. But that, I think,is an unfinished piece.

Don't know why there's no sun up in the sky, stormy weather. (First she says she doesn't know why and then she tells you why. Strange lyrics.)

Okay, so I have forgotten how to blog. No matter. I'll think of something else.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

you did manage to get several good songs stuck in my head, however.

Anonymous said...

Speaking (singing?) of good songs, I noticed you had a nice list of songs (a wishlist?) stuck up on the new refriferator when I was there over the holidays. I meant to steal it for a bit and copy down all the songs, but never did- I think I kept forgetting it was there, as there was no 'lectricity... If you still have that list lying around, I'd love to get some of the artist's names! I just got me a new computer that actually has some space for some iTunes downloads, and you had some artists on that list that I'd love to hear... if only I could remember who they were!