Saturday, October 10, 2009

Blogging To Pass Time

The President's Cup is not, as you might suspect, a device Obama uses to protect his groin during basketball games. It is a golf tournament which pits players from The USA against players from around the world.

The Philadelphia Phillies have a pitcher whose last name is Bastardo.

These are the kind of facts one acquires while sitting around sick. Unless, of course, like my bro RTGFKAR, you watch reality shows like Loggers In Love, Big Trucks Trucking Their Brains Out, Fishing In Cold Stupid Places and Eat Bugs For Big Bucks, in which case the facts you acquire may be different, but no less forgettable.

You also get to watch a lot of movies on HBO and Cinemax that played in regular theaters if by regular theaters you mean some studio exec's basement. These are not high quality films. I saw one the other day about a guy who had no short term memory. Everything that happens to him he forgets a few minutes later. I would tell you how it ends but I've completely spaced it out. (Does anybody say that anymore, I spaced it out?) There are also a lot of Stephen Segall movies. In each one he gets bigger and bigger. He was so big in the last flick the only thing they could dress him in was a giant overcoat. He wore it indoors and out. Kung Fu by London Fog. He doesn't really fight anymore, people just run up and bounce off his coat. One enjoyable afternoon, though, I got to see a young Jackie Chan in "Drunken Master" followed my a modern martial arts fairy tale in which an older Jackie teams up with Jet Li to do in the bad guys. These films are right up there with "Big Trouble In Little China" for entertainment value. Especially if you are easy to please and also sick.

Tonight we are going out to celebrate Woowoo Charly's and friend L's birthdays. This means I will have to meet real people who live outside my house. I'm not sure I'll know how to act. The last time I went out looking and sounding as I do now, I had to put up with a lot of genuflecting strangers hollering "Back Back" and "Away Demon." Ah well, we'll see how it goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dad. really. i know you don't want to be sicko anymore, but whatever virus you've got has obviously tickled your funny bone. another HILARIOUS post!

maybe you're just relieved to be back in the land of the living? and maybe all this funny stuff was rolling through your flu-addled brain while you slept and watched bad tv? anyway, it's good stuff.

"The President's Cup is not, as you might suspect, a device Obama uses to protect his groin during basketball games." awesome. is it wrong that i thoroughly enjoy having a moment to think about obama's groin? ahem.

and this list makes me almost wish i had a tv: "Loggers In Love, Big Trucks Trucking Their Brains Out, Fishing In Cold Stupid Places and Eat Bugs For Big Bucks."

and this about steven segall? "Kung Fu by London Fog". dude. that's funny.

have a great time tonight. i love you. give mom a big smooch for me - that is, if you're now germ free. otherwise, just pat her bum.

Zendoc said...

Thank you Kivawa. I always think stuff is funny, but I'm never sure until someone else confirms it.