Saturday, October 31, 2009

Halloween

Terry Hatcher and Alyssa Milano look a lot alike. Anyone else notice this? I didn't think so.

Halloween! Alrighty then!

I'll be killing time until the bloodletting and mayhem come on the tube. That's right, it's Saturday. Time for college football. There will be "Blood and Chocolate" (2007) and "Ginger Snaps" (2000) scattered about if anyone tries to pry the remote from my hand as I surf back and forth between the games and the Halloween fare on the movie channels. "The Innocent" (1961) will be part of "The Descent" (2007) I take into a self imposed "Quarantine" (Year unknown) so that I can see long passes and the best of "Exorcist III" (199?), an underrated sequel. There will be "Paranormal Activity" (2006) on "Mulholland Drive" (2001) if I have any say, and "The Eye" (Hong Kong version 2002) will witness goal line stands as we approach "Near Dark" (1987), followed by "30 Days of Night" (2007) if I "Let the Right One In" (2008). I am not actually part of "The Dog Soldiers" (2002) or "The Brotherhood of the Wolf" (2001), but if I lived in "Cloverfield" (2008), I would be. The best I can hope for is to see some of these horror/terror pics between touchdown replays as they are all on my list of must sees or must see again.

Tomorrow though, the Denver Broncos play the Baltimore Ravens and I fear the true horror will then begin. "Ray Lewis Unchained"(2009) has yet to be filmed.

4 comments:

Joe said...

Whew...rough Bronco game today. Glad to see we put up at least 7.

Joe said...

Oh wait...one more addition: why is it that we cheer for our professional teams? Most of the players aren't even from Denver or Colorado for that matter.

Here's a scenario: what if the Raven's players and Bronco's players decided to switch uniforms for the day. Who would we cheer for?

Zendoc said...

Always cheer for the home team. Or, as I see it, the good guys. Players come and go so they only matter for the moment. When I was younger I was affected emotionally by the outcome of the games. Now I just show up to cheer, and if the good guys win...hurray, if they lose... well, we'll get 'em next week. (I think switching uniforms would have been a good idea yesterday.)

Zendoc said...

Along the lines of "switching uniforms", I am reminded of what was once said about a great coach.(I don't remember which one.) "He could take his'n and whip your'n and then switch over and take your'n and whip his'n."