Saturday, October 23, 2010

A Respite

It is clear to me that this trinket mine has been played out. The veins have been dribble dried and there's nary a costume jewel nor glitter flake to be found. I have strip mined, deep holed and panned for every scrap that could be used and have arrived at the moment when it's time to pack up the mule and head down the mountain. The Monkeymind Mine is now officially shut down, boarded up, abandoned. A ghost or two may appear from time to time - all mines have them - but apart from those apparitions, all will remain quiet; silent as empty space.

Ciao.

6 comments:

boquetebonnie said...

Ever the alert grammarian, Bookworm Bonnie suggests that "nary" should be teamed with "nor," not "or." I cite no authority, however, as I was unable to find "nary" in my grammar texts.

And speaking of team mascots, there's a Buddhist deity named Thunderbolt Sow mentioned in today's Writer's Almanac. Just picture that on the sidelines. My imagination runs amok.

Zendoc said...

The Thunderbolt Sows vs. The Arkansas Razorbacks. Hmmm. Would that be football or animal husbandry?

Zendoc said...

I fixed the nor or thing. Nor sounds better.

Unknown said...

I miss Monkeymind

Zendoc said...

After six hundred plus efforts at making what is essentially an ordinary, mundane life entertaining, I have milked the cow dry. I am now spending my time writing fiction and will post any bit I consider worthwhile. Thank you, though, Dara, for missing the Monkeymind.

Anonymous said...

I miss MM too! You know I understand the blog-weariness feeling.

Can't wait to read some of the fiction you're working on! xox