Tuesday, October 12, 2010

"What's Up?" You ask.

Well look at that, would ya. It's been over a week since I last blogged. What in the world was I doing all that time if I wasn't tripping the light fantastic on my keyboard? Beats me. Something productive, I'm sure, like helping achieve world peace or curing cancer. Not ACTUALLY those things, but LIKE them. I manged to get out of the house to buy Woowoo Charly some birthday presents which is an activity whose outcome is VERY similar to scoring world peace. Okay, so it's only the peace in our house, but I'm thinking that's a step in the right direction. AND, I did Effudix some spots on my face which does IN FACT cure cancer. Some kinds, anyway.

(I LIKE putting words in caps. It gives them EMPHASIS.)

(Emphasis? Sounds like a disease. "Her emphasis was improving, but she was still quite SWOLLEN.")

(Swollen? that's a funny word too.)

Alrighty then, where was I? I know, recounting the busy-ness of a week that kept me from blogging. Well, okay, I will confess. I did write another blog. It was about ligion, which is what you have before you have religion. I didn't like it, though, so I deleted it. Not every word I write is precious. Only this one: precious.

Here's an oddity: (Colons are cool. Semi colons are semi cool.) There is a device attached to most blogs called "Followers" that enables readers who sign up for it to be alerted, I think by email, whenever the blogger has posted a new one. I clicked on my followers this morning and discovered that three, out of a whopping five, were people who fell into the "I have no freaking idea who they are" category. If you are one of the three, please comment and be a pal.

Another thing I've done in the past week is read two thirds of Jonathan Franzen's "Freedom", all of "Huck" a dog story that is too long, some of "Zen Golf" which might be helpful, and I've made headway (Headway? How much does a head weigh?) on Paulo Coelho's "El Vencedor Esta Solo", a book I'm reading in Spanish. Factor in football watching on the weekend - an activity coded into my DNA at birth - and you will note that I have not been without productivity despite not blogging.

Also, I've been writing other things.

Other things. There, I've done it again.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I actually think semicolons are cooler than colons; they have something of the mysterious and rebellious about them: so there.

Zendoc said...

Semicolons are better dancers. Their hips are looser.

Anonymous said...

of course my sister is one of the few people in the world who can use a semicolon and a colon correctly in the same sentence (two independent clauses followed by a phrase separated for emphasis). brava!